Polar Blox Snow Guards
Original Standing Seam Stand Alone Guard & Snow Retention System - Clear
Regular price $2.42
Original Standing Seam Snow Guards are the ultimate system for standing seam roofs. Featuring SST fasteners which do not penetrate the roof, so there is no opportunity for leaks. They can be installed in any weather. They can be used stand alone as a Snow Guard or coupled with our optional Ice Bar to create an entire snow retention system.
Optional Ice Bar mounts 3/8" of an inch above the roof.
Stand Alone No Rods:
To use our Original Standing Seam as a stand alone snow guard by attaching it to the standing seam on your roof without penetrating your roofing system, you will want to order an OSS Guard with Screws in the appropriate number you need. Typically this is one per seam. Please note: on wider panels 12" + you do risk snow and ice sliding between the guards.
Guards with Ice Bar:
To use our Original Standing Seam along with optional Ice Bar to create a snow retention system, you will need one OSS Guard for each seam your attaching to and one less rod in the pan width you need.
Example - You are doing one side of a roof with 36 12" Panels that requires a single row. You will need 35 Guards (one for each seam connection) and 34 12" pan rods to go between them.
Typical Formula for each row:
Number of Panels - 1 = Number of guards you need
Number of Panels - 2 = Number of rods you need
Calculating Rows Needed:
Run (distance from eve to ridge) x Snow Load x CTC of Panel in feet.
If you have a 20' Run x 30# Snow Load x Using 12" CTC Panels.
20 x 30 x 1 = 600#PSF
The system is rated for 800#PSF when correctly installed.
As long as your number is below 800# PSF, one row should do the job. If your number is 800-1500 you will need to add a second row to distribute the weight evenly. The first row over the weight bearing wall, the second row half way between the first row and the eve.
1600-2300 will need 3 rows and so on.
If your not sure the exact quantity you need do not hesitate to reach out to us via phone or email and we will assist you with a custom configuration for your specific roof. There are many factors that must be taken into account in any layout to assure your guards or retention system performs properly. The above information is a guideline and the ultimate responsibility for the success of the system is with the installer.
- The Original Standing Seam snow guard is a full size polycarbonate snow guard that is designed for new construction and can be retrofitted onto existing roofs.
- OSS guards are mounted using SST screws which are mechanically fastened to the standing seam, without penetrating the roof.
- OSS guards are designed to fit seams up to 1/2" wide and 1 9/16" tall. If the seam is higher than 1 9/16", it is still usable but the guard will sit higher off the roof surface.
- OSS guards can be used stand alone as a guard, or you can include an optional Ice Bar for maximum snow and ice control.
- Optional Ice Bar is 1" in diameter and mounts 3/8" above the roof surface.
- 2 interior reinforcing ribs and center support.
- UV Protected - won't fade or break down from sun or harsh weather.
- Effective and Economical.
- Compatible with all metals and composites.
- Clear snow guards are virtually invisible on any roof.
- Free recommended installation and layout schematics.
- Please email us or call us for information on colored OSS guards which are available for an additional fee and have a slightly longer lead time.
Typically In Stock - Larger orders 1K+ may take 1- 2 weeks to ship.
Base - 5" x 3" , Face - 5" x 3"
Ice Bar - 1" Diameter
Ice Bar - Will be cut to length to match your panel, approximately 1" shorter than the pan length ordered.