New Standing Seam Snow Retention System Clear
Regular price $2.05
Our New Standing Seam Snow Guards are especially effective where ice and heavy snow are a problem. Featuring SST fasteners which do not penetrate the roof, there is no opportunity for leaks and they can be installed in any weather. The standard bottom ice bar mounts 3/8" of an inch above the roof to keep snow and ice from sliding while the second optional ice bar holds back deeper snow levels.
You will need to order one NSS Guard for each seam your attaching to. You will then need to order the appropriate pan width rods.
Example - You are doing one side of a roof with 36 12" panels, that requires a single row. You will need 35 guards ( one for each seam connection ) and 34 12" pan rods to go between them.
Typical Formula Per Row
Number of Panels - 1 = Number of guards you need
Number of Panels - 2 = Number of rods you need
If you wish to order your NSS snow retention system with it's optional double bar set-up, just order double the quantity of rods.
Calculating Rows Needed:
Run (distance from eve to ridge) x Snow Load x CTC of Panel in feet.
If you have a 20' run x 30# Snow Load x Using 12" CTC Panels.
20 x 30 x 1 = 600#PSF
The system is rated for 800#PSF when correctly installed.
As long as your number is below 800# PSF, one row should do the job. If your number is 800-1500 you will need to add a second row to distribute the weight evenly. The first row over the weight bearing wall, the second row half way between the first row and the eve.
1600-2300 will need 3 rows and so on.
Not sure on the exact quantity you need? Feel Free to reach out to us via phone or email and we will help you configure a custom layout for your application. There are many factors that must be taken into account to assure your snow retention system performs properly. The above information is a guideline and the ultimate responsibility for the success of the system is with the installer.
- The New Standing Seam snow guard is a polycarbonate snow guard that is designed for new construction and can be retrofitted onto existing roofs.
- NSS guards are mounted using SST screws which are mechanically fastened to the standing seam, without penetrating the roof.
- NSS guards are designed to fit straight, T & L seams up to 2" tall & 1.25" Wide.
- Ice Bar is 1" in diameter and mounts 3/8" above the roof surface. Optional 2nd Ice Bar mounts 1/4" above the standard bar.
- It's cube shaped profile is heavily reinforced for strength.
- UV Protected - won't fade or break down from sun or harsh weather.
- Effective and Economical.
- Compatible with all metals and composites.
- Clear snow guards are virtually invisible on any roof.
- Custom colored guards are available.
- Free recommended installation and layout schematics.
- Please email us or call us for information on colored NSS guards which are available for an additional fee and have a slightly longer lead time.
- Rods are Acrylic and are available in clear only.
Typically In Stock - Larger orders 1K+ may take 1- 2 weeks to ship.
Base - 3" x 3" , Face - 3" x 3"
Ice Bar - 1" Diameter
Ice Bar - Will be cut to length to match your panel, typically 1.5" less than the pan width.